Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Our trip to white rock - Jemma and Madison 30/5/11

Hi Jemma and Madison here.

On Monday our class went up to the well known White Rock. It is a large white marble rock on top of the hill behind our school. Metchild
was our tour guide because we walked through her property.


As we were walking up we looked out to the wonderful views of Orinocco valley and out to the Nelson Habour. The walk took an hour but it was worth it because it was Joe's birthday and his dad had brought up a birthday cake! It was carrot cake - YUM !

We were lucky enough the see common brown geckos. The geckos were very fascinating. We enjoyed watching them in thier natural habitat of white rock. We saw them in the cracks and crevaces in the rock.

It was very tiring but that was to be expected because we ran the whole way back down the slippery hill.



What was your favourite part of our trip to white rock?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have noticed some spelling mistakes.
Has any one else?
The wood family.

Anonymous said...

Hello.
I really enjoyed the walk up white rock, it was fun and easier than usual not having to carry our bags. I did not get to see the brown geckos even though it would of been interesting. My favourite part of the walk was running back down. Did you see the brown geckos?
Rheanna

Richmond Primary School said...

I bet the view from the top of the track was spectacular Room 2. It looks like the weather was great. I love learning outside the classroom too. Keep up the good work. I enjoy your blog. From Mrs Eden Richmond School.

Anonymous said...

Going to white rock was awsome! White rock was very new to me. At Mt pleasant there was nothing like that. Caitlin, Ngatimoti School, Motueka.

Anonymous said...

Walking up to White rock was very exhausting but what an amazing view.
It makes you realise we are lucky to live in paradise.
Great photos can't wait till our next out of class adventure and this day was all the more special because it was Joe's birthday and we got to see some fasinating little geckos.
-Madison

Anonymous said...

The best part about going to white rock was seeing the cute wee geckos living in their natural enviroment.Ella

Anonymous said...

My favourite part of our trip to White Rock was waiting in line to tumble down the steepest part of the hill. I felt the adrenaline pumping as I dived into the long grass like a frog into water. - Floris

Mrs Goodall said...

Thanks Wood family!
Room 2 - you might want to take these for spelling words next week:
- exhausted
- environment
- their
- crevices
- Orinoco

Anonymous said...

The White Rock work was so tiering but is was so fun running down the hill. Me and taylor are all ways buddies thanks. Mrs Goodall thanks for taking as to White Rock. - Snow Edwards:)

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the walk was eating the delicious carrot cake and speeding down the steep slippery hill! I also loved the geckos, I spotted mrs gecko, mr gecko and baby gecko. - Isha