Thursday, 26 May 2011

Book quiz! 26/5/11-Toby and Casey

Hi it's Toby here. Yesterday me, Casey, Caitlin and Madison went to the Motueka Library Book Quiz.

We had to dress up as filthy, bloodthirsty pirates! Everyone was nervous, well, not me because I've been before so yeah. Last year Ngatimoti school entered a team and came second equal with Mapua School. This year Ngatimoti entered another team called the Ngatimoti Pirate Crew that came seventh, which was good out of the 21 teams.

It was raining lightly outside, we were at Memorial Hall waiting for the quiz to begin. Mr King, the man that read out the questions, was standing by his desk rereading the answers getting ready to read out the questions and answers. Soon it was Round Two.
                                                    
They were asking questions, hard questions. Round Two was harder because the book more complicated than the first book we were questioned about. Slowly our score rose through the ranks into seventh place but we did not make it any higher and we did not get any on the spot questions which sucked because I knew most of the questions.

At last the places were being called out along with the prizes which meant we got a book each and a free movie voucher from video easy and seventh place to satisfy our hunger. Caitlin's mum, Toby's mum and Casey's mum came over to congratulate us. We felt proud!


So we came seventh place at the Motueka Book Quiz and if you think it is easy think again. Go, go Ngatimoti!

Why do you think we dressed up as a pirate crew?

6 comments:

Suskya Goodall said...

Congratulations to the Ngatimoti Pirate Crew! You've made us proud with your reading knowledge and pirating bravery! Keep up the good work and hmm I really do wonder why you might have dressed up as pirates...
Mrs Goodall

Allanah King said...

Well done crew

What a fabulous opportunity to make new friends and learn at the same time.

It sounded like a fun event.

Allanah

Room 14 said...

I loved hearing about your Book week experience at the Library Room 2. When I was a little girl I lived ion Motueka and I enjoyed visiting the library often.We had a great book week as well. Keep up the good work. Mrs Eden and room 14 Richmond.

Anonymous said...

Ahoy there mateys some of those questions were really hard but had a fun time with my crew mates and so pleased we didn't have to walk the plank aharrr! -Madison (:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ngatimoti representatives at the Library Quiz. You did a great job preparing for this quiz, with lots of reading and also getting your costumes organised! It looks and sounds like you enjoyed your day of learning! Ms Turner

Anonymous said...

Well done Madison, Caitlin, Casey and Toby for coming in seventh place!
Good job, it looked really fun.
I think you dressed up as pirates because one of the books you had to read, was called 'Finnagan and the pirates'. The costumes look great!
I liked the way you explained about last years competition, it made the post sound exiting!
How long did it take for you to sort out the costumes?
Jasmin, Ngatimoti school, Motueka