Picasso liked to paint pictures of people, then split the picture up and mix them up. Picasso used a range of colours and textures to perfect his art which showed when one of his paintings sold for $104,000,000!!!
Picasso and his friend, Braque, invented a new type of art called cubism. Cubism is where you draw a 3D shape then draw a few lines straight through the page, choose the same amount of coloured pencils as lines, then colour all the extra shapes made by the lines (try not to get two of the same colours next to each other) then colour the cut up shapes.
like you to see. Have you ever tried one of these techniques? If so what did you do?


6 comments:
Thanks Josh and Jack for your post about Picasso and cubism. I liked how you explained the cubist process we took as a class to try some cubist techniques.
When I tried these techniques I found it was time consuming to colour in each little piece, but when it was complete it looked amazing.
I wonder what other ways we could create cubist art. Any ideas?
Mrs Goodall, Ngatimoti School, Motueka
I love the cubism idea by Picasso but it takes ages to fill in every single box!
It has been great fun sketching the shapes from different angles but my favourite were the portraits. It was lots of fun to draw the picture of us, but the most fun was cutting it up into lots of different shapes and sizes. It has been a heap of fun learning about Picasso.
Jasmin, Ngatimoti School Room 2, Motueka!
That art is wicked.I wish Picasso was still alive.
I have enjoyed doing picasso art for the last few weeks
its so cool. KARINA
hi
i loved doing the picasso art and learning about how,when and where he lived like: he had to burn some of his paintings to keep warm when he lived in paris.
jack
Hey Josh and Jack! Great work... I also see the note which mentions he had to burn some of his paintings to keep warm when he lived in paris. Sad to hear some of his works had to be burnt to be able to keep warm. Suppose that was a sign of the times back then.... Brian McAuliffe
Post a Comment