Sunday, 4 September 2011

Swim Happy Feet Swim

HOME SWEET HOME: Happy Feet has been living at Peka Peka beach since Monday.We talked about the Emperor penguin found at Peka Peka beach.
Here you can see him released back into the wild.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/5564170/Happy-Feet-heads-south-eventually
Here you can follow his progress on his way home. Swim happy feet, swim...
http://www.ourfarsouth.org/Track-Happy-Feet.aspx
Your opinion: 
Why would an emperor penguin travel from distant Antarctica to finish up on a New Zealand beach?

3 comments:

Allanah King said...

I think he's a bit dim cos after they dropped him off he started swimming the wrong way and coming back to New Zealand.

Allanah

Anonymous said...

I am not sure why a penguin would travel this far, but maybe there is better food here? By the way I never new that 'happy feet was a real penguin!

Jasmin, Ngatimoti, Motueka

Anonymous said...

I hope happy feet makes it home safely. I'm sure all his penguin friends will be happy to see him!
-Madison Ngatimoti School Motueka