Thursday, 8 September 2011

The All Blacks Visit Motueka

Last week on Friday we got driven to the Motueka Rec Centre to go and see Ali Williams and Ben Franks. Ali Williams and Ben Franks are two All Blacks that are going to play in the Rugby World Cup for NZ.

We marched across the bridge and we saw all the other schools sitting in the sun waiting for the activities to start. Finally the activities started. Our group started on throwing the ball in the tyre I got five shots in the tyre. After ten minutes we swopped over, this time we were on kicking the ball in the barrel. I got none in the barrel because I kicked too high and not very far.

After we did two games we had lunch. We watched the two All Blacks and some students from Motueka South and Parklands played a Maori game called Ki-o-Rahi. Then we all did ripper rugby for two sessions.

At last it was time for Ali and Ben to go. We waved good-bye as they flew off in their helicopter. It was a fun day. In the future I hope to see the All Blacks close up and get to talk to them.




Authors: Kahu and Caitlin


What was your most memorable moment
about the day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome to see the kids enjoying themselves and being able to report on it. Mrs Wijnands.

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Jemma here

Meeting the All Blacks up that close was really awesome. I hope they win the rugby world cup. My most memorable moment was that I saw them in real life. AWESOME

Jemma

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Rheanna here

My most memorable moment was meeting the All Blacks up that close. I never thought that i would be able to see them apart from on the TV. I hope they do well in the rugby world cup.COOL

Rheanna

Anonymous said...

Go All blackes hi its snow here hopeferlly the All blackes win the world cup.- snow