Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Hops Visit

On Monday Room 2 went to Room 3 to check out the hops harvesting down the road. The owner, Ian, was our guide around.
We started out looking at how the plants are grown in the hop field. Then we toured around the processing area and later saw the hops bailed and put on the truck.

Check out the photos then write a comment about how my explanation of the hops visit could be improved.

Remember to sign your comment and click anonymous.



10 comments:

Eden said...

Kia Ora room 2. I met your lovely teacher today at our ICT Lead Teacher Meeting. I am looking forward to following your learning activities as you add posts to your blog. Keep up the good work.
From Mrs Eden
Room 14 Richmond Primary School

Anonymous said...

the hops was so much fun - payton

Anonymous said...

The hops visit was awesooooooooooome.when we came back I helped tama with his writing.('-') -bryn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe we have five sets of twins in our class. Karina

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i didnt go :( -snow

Anonymous said...

wow those look that they will make nice beer it must be VERY hard work-Isla

Anonymous said...

It's great to see that James Hazel Dougie and Isla saw how hops were harvested and processed to make beer because I am down in Christchurch working on rebuilding an earthquake damaged brewery! David (The Kolien Kid's dad!)

Anonymous said...

I really liked that hops visit we did my favorite part was the meshenre by Piers