Hi it's Taylor, Karina and Payton here.


Yesterday morning, 60 students plus10 teachers came to Ngatimoti School because they wanted to learn about our green-gold Environmentally-friendly school. We spilt into 3 different groups, 1 went to the stream, the other went to the river and the last had a tour of our bright school. The reason they came to our school was because they wanted to see our green-gold Enviro school, to see how they could improve on there
Enviro school.
After we had finished showing the visitors around they gave a little present to Mrs Turner. Then Mrs Turner asked us if we wanted to go to Tasman School to see what their environment was like and we all said yes! So we had to quickly grab our bags and hop on the bus.


About 20 minutes later we were at Tasman school. Then the Principal took us into their hall. While we were there we played a small mix up game to test our intelligence. Then a girl called Alice showed us around and the first place we went was the feijoa and hazelnut trees and then a man from the newspaper came to take our photo and name. After that it was time for our group to go to another activity.


Our next activity was that we had to be innovative and stop the turkeys from getting into the garden. First we put up these white old banners that they didn't need. Next they hammered in the white banners. Then we got a piece of string and threaded CDs though them. While they were trying the string to the banners, Taylor and Karina went to look at the playhouse that they built for the little kids.
"I have learnt that Tasman School is very innovative & respectful of there environment." - Taylor
"I have learnt that Ngatimoti′s environment is different to Tasman Schools." - Payton


"I have learnt that Tasman school is a great environmentally friendly school with lovely hazelnuts & a huge playground." - Karina
Taylor, Payton & Karina thank you so much for showing us around Tasman School ☺
10 comments:
It's sound like you had an awesome day at Tasman school yesterday, and that you learned a lot about the other school. It also looked like you learned a lot about keeping out Turkeys !!!
Emily A - Room 1
Thanks for sharing your learning with us ladies! I wonder if, after seeing Tasman School and talking with Enviro students from across the region, you have any ideas that we could put into place here at Ngatimoti?
I love the idea of an enviro school and you guys do it so well.
I look forward to seeing you on Friday.
Allanah
The bus we went on was so cool. It had a T.V air conditioning and awesome Seats-Karina
I was so impressed with how Tasman school is very Environmentally friendly. Taylor, Karina, and I (Payton) had an awesome time at Tasman school Thank you very much for letting us come to your school!
Payton.Blackman, Ngatimoti, Motueka
Looks like you had a great time at tasman school. Their school looks really fun to play at! I love the photo of Karina at the play house.
Jasmin, Ngatimoti School, Motueka
Gee Karina,Taylor and Payton you guys are such posers you could be on NZ'S next top model!!!
Madison,Ngatimoti School.
Tasman school sounds really cool I wish i had come it also looks like they are environmentally friendly but not as mush as us.
-cameron room2
That was really fun going to Tasman school. Tasman environment was totally different to Ngatimoti′s. It would be cool to have a playhouse to play in.
-Taylor Ngatimoti school
It was great to have you here at Tasman school - and share your ideas about how we can sort the turkey problem!
We really enjoyed you sharing the great things you have done at your school... What wonderful ambassadors you were for your families and your school.
Together I think we can really make a difference for our world.
Post a Comment