Monday, 18 July 2011

Happy Holidays!!!

Hey Room 2 rockers!

I hope you are having interesting adventures and it would be fantastic to hear about them. We could try to make it exciting for blog visitors to read by showing rather than telling... who's up for the challenge?

I'll get it started - you'll notice that I have just chosen one day to recount in detail. You may like to share a few days or use a different genre like poetry, explanations, etc...

 

It was Thursday evening and the clothes were piling up. "It's only a few days," Glen commented.
"We've got a car to fill up," I smirked back.
By Friday 4pm we were zooming through snow drifts on our way past Rainbow Ski Field to Blenheim. Leila whinned impatiently in the boot. I knew my brother, Rob, would be happy to see us. My tummy rumbled as I wondered where he'd made dinner reservations. A full tummy, comical conversation and big hugs later we pressed on to Dad's place near Kaikoura. - Mrs Goodall

Let's comment on this post with our holiday update! I can't wait to hear about them.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
beimg in England is so fun!!!
today we are probobly going ice skating (yes it is summer over here!). we went shopping yesterday :|.
jack
barnsley
south yorkshire
England

Anonymous said...

hi
yesterday we didn't go ice-skating we when't to the National Mining Museum and went into a real once working mine for a tour.
jack
barnsley
south yorkshire
England

Anonymous said...

Hello,
fiji is so cool its winter but its so hot!
The fish are so amazing and there are so many!
the servise is awesome
and the food is to die for.
My favourite parts were...
Fishing,
Snokling
and the banana boat ride.
Its my favourite holiday so far.
Its sad to leave but I gess it cant go on forever. :(
What is your best you have had?
Zeb
Fiji
castaway island

Anonymous said...

hi
went ice-skating today!
OMG it is sooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!
got a few bruises when i fell over on purpose ;)
jack
barnstormer
south Yorkshire
England

Anonymous said...

hi
me and my uncle went to the Manchester United stadium!!!!! It was totally awesome! In the dressing room I got my photo under Rooney's, Nani's and Gigg's tee-shirts!!!!
jack
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
England

Anonymous said...

hi
going to london tomorrow with my cousins!!!
jack
Barnsley
south Yorkshire
England

Moturoa said...

http://allanahk.posterous.com/202365-snow

As long you're warm snow is good fun.

Mrs Goodall said...

Wow Jack it sounds like you are having lots of fun in England - ice skating, museums and football stadiums!
And Zeb I'm glad you had a relaxing family holiday in Fiji. I know exactly what you mean about the fish - aren't they spectacular? What was your favourite moment in Fiji Zeb?
I wonder what other people have been up to? I've heard a rumour of excessive loads of snow at Ngatimoti School. Can anyone confirm this?

Anonymous said...

hi
yea I was talking to dad on Skype and he said that there was so much snow that he went skiing down a slope at our place!!!
jack
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
England

Anonymous said...

Hello I hope all of you are enjoying your we have been down to ch ch and we felt a scary 5.1 earthquake!!!We are going to the aquatic centre with jasmin and rowena to hit some wave(:And also we are very excited about our birthday(:
Madison & Ella
P.S see you at school on Monday

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!
Today was so fun! We went to the aquatic centre with Madison and Ella. There was the inflatable bouncy castle which we went on a couple of times, it was AWESOME!

There was lots of snow but now most of it has gone except for a few melting snowmen that will be gone soon as well. Its really annoying that we weren't there when it was snowing! :(
Is there still snow at your place?

Jasmin, Ngatimoti School, Motueka

Anonymous said...

Hi guys the snow was so cool me and my family went snow boarding it was so much fun.- Snow Edwards

Anonymous said...

hi everyone

i had lots of fun in the snow.
we made 2 snow men and we slid down our hill.

rowena

Anonymous said...

At 7 o cook I was running out side then fooling snow. hamiltin my cat was bouncing in the 2 and half inch snow. The snow man that I mad was as toll as my hand.It was all white out side.

Joe Cunningham

Anonymous said...

Hi I had so much fun in the holidays my brother and I made a snowman that was fat and short. We were so exited when it started snowing I slipped over of corse but it was fun anyway.
Karina

Anonymous said...

From what I saw it looked like you guys had a ton of fun but I couldn't

enjoy the laughter because I was in Nelson with my Grandma and Grandpa.Did you see your Grandparents? Corbin

Anonymous said...

That snow looks like great fun.I wish I had that much snow.from Piers

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

In the holidays I stayed in Christchurch it was so much fun.The snow was cool. I made two snowman one was taller than my dad. Taylor

Anonymous said...

The snow was so much fun Me Tarn Dad Eden Peri Hannah and Monique made a huge snow woman that was taler than dad.

Me Peri and Eden made the biggest snow ball ever it weighed around 250kg it was around a miter and half round.-Zephyr

Anonymous said...

hi
sorry i havent been commenting but i was on the coast for a week and i couldn't use the internet.
it's been so fun in england! while we were at the coast we went to an thyme park called flamingo land! one of the rides has a world record for stepest roller coaster in the world!!!
see you guys on wednesday ( if i'm not jet-laged! )
jack
singapore

Anonymous said...

We slid down Rowena's hill jade